West District junior cricket
Welcome to the virtual home of junior cricket in the west of Scotland You can find everything you need to know about junior cricket in the west district here. This includes the latest news and views from the Western District Junior Cricket Union, and the Western Warriors development programmes and representative sides. News from schools cricket and development groups are here too. League and cup fixtures and results, match reports, pictures of what’s been happening, as well as news of representative squads and teams are all here online. And if you’re looking for a club you can find details of all member clubs here too.
Latest news and notices
- WDJCU Season 2022 Fixtures update -Final (25th March 2022)This will be the new email for all WDJCU communications. Please save this in your contactsPlease find attached the final fixtures.The Committee apologies to clubs for the late changes, however we know that all of you will appreciate the need to allow full participation. This is the philosophy we have followed in allowing further late entries.As a result of the new changes which are in only U12SB (2 new clubs added) and U14 fixtures (change to fixtures). Please understand some clubs may have more home or away matches.The really promising outcome of the new fixtures shows that from those clubs entering the junior competitions only two of them have not entered the U12SB league. 20 teams have entered.The junior fixtures will be on the new CS Live system. We will be in touch to advise on results submissionI thank you all for your patience and a rain-free 2022 season.RegardsParvase MajeedWDJCU Chair
- WDJCU Forum 21st February 2022 (17th March 2022)
A recording of the WDJCU forum on 21st February 2022 is available on request.
- WDJCU Fixtures, Playing Formats and Regulations for Season 2022 (17th March 2022)All,Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in submitting the fixtures. There were two late entries and after both there was a requirement to rework the fixtures.Please find attached the final fixtures for Season 2022, a proposal for the ADG Festival on which we request feedback, WDCU junior playing formats and league rules overview and WDJCU league and cup rules and regulations for 2022.There was no clear guidance from clubs on the issue of age cut-off for the U16’s. It was split 50/50 at the forum and similarly the responses to the age group requirements. It was therefore decided that all age groups would remain with a cut-off of 31 August 2021 and the dispensation would be utilised to assist clubs that may have difficulty in raising a team to compete at the U16 age group. Obviously, dispensation remains in place for all age groups and clubs are requested to submit dispensation forms asap. Forms are attached.Only the WDJCU-league-and-cup-rules-and-regulations-2022 VI remains to be updated. Meeting with CS on use of CS live is scheduled for Friday 18th March. Point 12 will be revised and a final rules and regulation document will be issued.It is very pleasing to see the number of teams participating in the age groups and the WDJCU committee wish all clubs, coaches, volunteers, parents and players the best for the coming season.Good luck to all clubs and we are here at your disposal if you have any issues.Stay safe.RegardsParvase MajeedWDJCU Chair
- WDJCU Forum, Monday 21st February 2022, 7.30pm (10th February 2022)Dear Club Junior Convenors & AGM Club Representatives,
Please find attached the WDJCU League and cup rules and regulations for 2021 and the Junior Playing formats ad League rules 2021. These will be updated after the meeting.
An opportunity for all to contribute to the structure of the coming 2022 season.
I would also request all clubs consider their junior playing pool and which age groups they will be looking to participate in. Due to the limited time a cut-off of Monday 28th February 2022 has been set for clubs to advise on age group participation.
J1 – Under 12 Softball
J2 – Under 14
J3 – Under 16
One additional Age group from :
U11 Softball or
It has not been decided if this forum will be online or in person. At present we request it should be considered to be online unless otherwise advised
I look forward to meeting you, Best Wishes.
- Western Warriors Youth update (21st November 2021)
Following the trial processes which took place during September, October and November 2021, the Western Warriors Youth Coaching Team are pleased to announce the Western Warriors Under 15 Winter Training Squad and the Western Warriors Under 17 Winter Training Squad. The selections are for a winter coaching programme, which will feature weekly sessions for each age group between now and early April 2022.
All players who attended a trial session have been sent individual feedback – and any Club Junior Convenors wishing further information, or feedback, are invited to contact the Western Warriors Youth Coaching Team (Tim Hart, Nauman Javaid and Mitchell Rao) by e-mail.
- WDJCU AGM (17th November 2021)
Secretary Ann Hargie would like to advise notification has been sent to all Junior Club convenors of the upcoming WDJCU AGM on Monday December 13th @7pm. This AGM will be held via zoom call due to circumstances of covid.
- Western Warriors Under 17 update (25th October 2021)
Western Warriors under 17s are in the process of finalising their plans, and squad, for the upcoming winter programme. The hope is that communication will be sent to players, and clubs, as soon as is practical – with the aim being that the programme will begin in mid/late November.
Any club who has any queries should get in contact via an e-mail from their Junior Convenor to the Western Warriors Youth Coaching Team.
- Western Warriors Under 15s Update (23rd October 2021)
Following the indoor and outdoor trial matches, Western Warriors Youth are now hosting two under 15 indoor trial sessions. These will take place on Friday 29th October and Friday 5th November – with the winter training programme scheduled to commence on Friday 17th November.
All players who participated in the trial matches have been contacted – and they have either been provided with some feedback or have been offered the opportunity to attend a trial session. A copy of the letter inviting players to attend a trial has been sent to all Junior Convenors. Anyone wishing further information should contact the Warriors Coaching Team directly.
- Western Warriors Under 15s Update (26th September 2021)
The weekend of 25 & 26 September saw the second activity which is part of the Western Warriors U15s trial process for season 2022 take place at Hutchesons’ Grammar School. 44 players took part in six indoor matches – allowing the coaches to observe match-play skills in the typically fast-paced indoor environment.
More details about any follow-up trial sessions will be shared with players, and their clubs, once they are known.
- Western Warriors Under 15s update (6th September 2021)
The first in a series of activities which will act as a trial for the Western Warriors Under 15 Squad 2022 took place yesterday, at Titwood (Clydesdale CC). A match, which generally saw the bowlers enjoy more success than the batters, managed to bring together 24 players – representing only half of those who were nominated by their club Junior Convenor! The hope is that another one or two match-play opportunities can be created over the next few weeks – before more traditional indoor trial sessions take place, at some point in October or November.
If any Junior Convenor still wishes to nominate players, they should contact Tim Hart immediately.
Old news can be found online, in the WDJCU news section, the Academy news section, the RDC news section, the Challenge Series news section, the Club development news section, the Schools news section, and the various archive areas.
Check out the weather before setting out – we like the Met’ Office site best! To see what it’s saying about the weather in west, click on the Met’ Office logo below to go to its website.